If you do not dispose of much time but you really want to visit Machu Picchu we offer you this faster option of only one day by train
We will pick you up from your hotel at 3:40 am and transport you to Ollantaytambo station. The train departs at 6:10 and arrives in Aguas Calientes at 8 am. Here our local guide will escort you to the bus station to take your bus up to the Machu Picchu Sanctuary (this takes around 35 minutes),
known as the “Lost City of the Incas”, one of the best examples of grand Inca architecture. Here you will have a 2 hour tour starting at approximately 8:45 am, after your tour you will have free time to explore before returning to Aguas Calientes where you must be at least 30 minutes before your train leaves. The return trains are subject to change so it is better to be safe and on time. Once you arrive to the Ollantaytambo train station there will be a bus waiting for you to bring you back to Cusco, dropping you off at the Regocijo Square in downtown Cusco.
- Shared transport: Hotel/Train Station /hotel.
- Train tickets: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes -Ollantaytambo
- Bus Tickets: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu- Aguas Calientes
- Guided Tour in Machu Picchu (approx. 2 hours)
- Entrance Tickets to Machu Picchu
- Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Long trousers, sweater, rain jacket, and gear in case it rains.
- Comfortable long sleeve shirt to protect against the sun and possible mosquitos.
- Insect repellent.
- Sun block cream and sunglasses.
- Day pack.
- Water bottle.
- Original Passport.
- ISIC card (without it you will not be able to get the proper discount).